Tuesday, July 13, 2010

pura vidaaaa

i'm back from volunteering in costa rica.  it was an absolutely unbelievable, amazing experience.  i miss it so much already...everything about it!  even the humidity (kept my skin nice & hydrated!).  all that green...the amazing vistas, abundant, gorgeous wildlife, the people.  i'll be back there sooner than later i hope.

i had planned on rewriting my journals from the trip into blog form, but the photos have been first priority.  & because there are about 5000 of them, i think it is safe to say i'm a bit behind schedule.  as usual, i have a lot of plans for projects, like making a huge journaly scrapbook from the trip with photos & stories & little things i have saved.  but since being home (2 weeks now) i have been struggling to find a job to pay the bills, so craigslist & resume writing has been occupying most of my time.  i checked my bank account last night, & it's worse than i thought.  unfortunately, this means i may have to go back to bartending until i can get another internship & some graphic design classes under my belt...just to be more marketable to an employer i actually would enjoy working for.

my ex told me last night that i can do anything..."who else quits their job to go to central america?"  & while i take that as a huge compliment, i wish i could see myself how he does.

but enough of this!  i'll leave a couple photos, & then work on a photo post a little later.  i have an interview (for an unpaid internship unfortunately) later & then i'm teaching one private swim lesson tonight.  kind of makes me laugh how i'm just squeaking by......



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are my favorite!