Thursday, March 10, 2011

brick by brick

It's no secret that I daydream constantly about a light-filled loft with at least one worn red brick wall.  (if you haven't noticed my current blog background...)

WHOA.


perfectly subtle



via decor8, delight by design, desire to inspire, little blue deer, birch & lily

For me, the more subtle the better. A red brick that is washed out a bit, a little grayed...perfection. It should be an accent that turns into a focal point. The kitchen above is almost too much for me, but some brick is better than none, I think. The house next door to my parents' was built by some friends of ours - a gorgeous grey brick inside & out. The owners moved, & the old man who moved in PAINTED it. Painted it a hideous barfy yellow color with orangey brown accents, if it could get any worse. Please, for the love of GOD, do not paint your brick!

I will have a brick wall in my humble abode one day - & I will cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are my favorite!